Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Design on a Dime

I have been a bad blogger lately! SORRY! I have been very busy!

My post today is about decorating, and decorating money consciously. We are huge Dave Ramsey fans, (post on him to come later), and we believe we should be good stewards of our money. After all, it is God's really. So, spending loads of money on home decor is out of the question for me. That is why I loved the below I ideas! I hope you do too! :)

The first two ideas I got from an episode of Rachel Ray when she had a special guest from Design on a Dime.

First, the Cornice box:
All we used was foam board, and fabric...
Ready for fabric...
Coming together...
TADA!
Close up to see it better, (a little dark in above pic). (Oh, and no it is not crooked, just my shot was) lol


I loved that project, and I will do it again! :) Below is the next idea I got from Design on a Dime.
Ever noticed how unsightly books can be in a room? Well, if you never thought about it before, think about it now. Now, notice how much nicer they looked all wrapped up in room coordinating colors!
I loved how this turned out, and it was an inexpensive way to add decor to my room!


For this last project, I got the idea from HEB. They sell these arrangements, but they are pretty pricey, so I made it myself, and it was a big hit!


Do you have any money saving, DIY decorating ideas? I would LOVE to hear about them! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Tricia! You did a GREAT job! Those ideas are cool!

    ReplyDelete