Monday, July 20, 2009

Hearing the Call

So, do you know something that grinds my gears?

Okay, it is socially acceptable to tell everyone, "Don't purchase your puppy, you should adopt!" Why don't we do the same about people?

God has given me a great burden for orphans, and I know that this is one of the main reasons God put me on this earth. Recently, we have felt called to adopt from Africa. I have a friend who has adopted from Ethiopia, and we are planning to go the same route. Please pray as we pray and prepare for this process. It may be quite awhile before me begin it, but prayers would be greatly appreciated! :)

Here is something to chew over: growing up I used to wonder why anyone would adopt overseas when we have so many orphans here in America.* Here is what I realized:
Orphans here have
1. Running Water
2. Roofs over their heads
3. Access to education
4. Shoes
5. Opportunities to hear about Jesus
6. IT'S AMERICA- besides not having a family, they have access to pretty much everything!

Now, don't get me wrong, American children still deserve to be adopted- ALL ORPHANS SHOULD BE ADOPTED! I am just showing you why my above train of thought (*) was incorrect.

I hope you open your heart to hear the call from the Lord in regards to adoption.


There are over 200,000,000 orphans in the world, and if only 7% OF THE CHURCH would adopt there would be no need for orphanages.
Think about it!

Below, some precious Ethiopian angels. My heart aches.



1 comment:

  1. My heart aches for orphans too (and -we currently have a very tender spot for Ethiopian orphans). My Knight and I are hoping to jump back into another Ethiopian adoption in October...I can hardly wait.

    Kimmie
    mama to 7
    one homemade and 6 adopted

    ReplyDelete