Friday, March 12, 2010

Growing Pains Part 3

On August 21, 2006, Paul asked me to be his wife! The road to our wedding, (April 7, 2007), was laden with many "growth bumps." To spare all the details, we set a date for July 2007. We were not entirely happy with the way everything was panning out. It was all too much a people pleasing event, and not God centered like we wanted. After much prayer, and a new growing pain, we decided to move up the date. So in March, right after we sent out the July "save the dates," we told everyone that we would be getting married in April. We upset many family and friends in doing this, but it was the best decision for us. If we, (well, I), had be straight up from the front, and not tried to be people pleasers, then this never would have happened. But, since we did try to please everyone, we had to make many mad in the end. What goes along with people pleasing? People's approval. Well, in moving up the date, that was in jeopardy too. We were warned that people would think I was pregnant, and many people did. Well, I wasn't and I had to know that we were doing what God wanted, and people would talk. Period. Nothing we could do about it.

Breaking away from my people pleasing ways was such a blessing and it was so freeing! Also, what else came out of this growing pain? I got to get married sooner- duh! lol I love being Mrs. Paul Keierleber! It is such a blessing to be one with that man! In 11 days, we get to celebrate our 2 year anniversary! 2 years of wedded bliss, and 2 years since we gave up people pleasing, and turned to FULL God pleasing! :)
August 21, 2006... maybe one day I will do a series over our story, and go into detail over certain events like this one... hmmmm, we'll see... :)
Same day, just got into comfy clothes... Tracie took this pic... left for school not too long after, (she left before Paul headed back for LBK).
Taylor and Elise helping me get ready for pictures... one of my all time fav pics... can I please wear this dress again? I LOVE IT!!! I would probably have to get it altered because I am smaller now! teeheehee
Everybody LOVES the ring picture... not only is it cute, but I have it here because it will show up again later in Growing Pains, Part 5! ;)
Something about the dinner table... every wedding album I see, one of the best pictures of the couple is at the dinner table! Don't believe me... go see your/someone's wedding album! :)

Growing Pain Part 4: an AMAZING story about grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment